Rustic in flavour, as its origin, this 100% natural, amber honey collected from the flowers of the Jamun tree is unique in its sharp taste filled with undertones of treacle sweetness. Traditionally known to have benefits for diabetics and rich in vitamins and pollen, it’s great with your morning breakfast, in warm milk or used instead of sugar in rich homemade cakes.
Benefits of Honey
- Ayurveda supports the medicinal importance of honey and its healing properties.Called as nature’s natural antibiotic, it is known to possess antibacterial & anti-inflammatory properties.
- Honey is loaded with nutrients, antioxidants, flavonoids and healing compounds which when taken regularly keep people healthy.
- Made by the alchemy of bees collecting nectar, pollen, and resins from flowers, honey can help moisturize, fight aging, and fight bacteria.
- Honey helps reduces ulcers & other bacterial gastrointestinal disorders.
I love the taste and compared to any other honey brand in the Indian market, this is the only brand I would personally recommend.
Product Q & A
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
Real nectar does not come with an expiry date. UTMT honey products have an expiry date?
Thank you for your important question.
You are absolutely correct.
Honey is technically the only food that can last forever and does not have an expiry date. It is natural antimicrobial substance which means if the honey is pure then no harmful microbes can grow in the honey and it will stay safe to consume forever.
So then why do we have an expiry date on the jar?
To clarify, it is not an expiry date, but a best before date - which means the honey can be consumed even after this date. However, after the best before date, the honey will change it's properties in terms of colour, aroma, texture etc. This change of properties like darkening of colour or crystallisation does not make the honey unsafe in any way. It simply means that the honey is pure and like all pure honey it will darken or thicken over a period of time. In fact you should be worried if your honey stays the same without any colour or texture change for months, this simply means it is synthetic honey with heavy processing.
Also, the Indian (FSSAI) make it mandatory to mention a best before date or expiry date on the label of all packed foods.
so please do enjoy your honey and remember that honey actually improves with age!
Are you adding any flavour like tulsi/litchi etc or honey is made from the specific plants as per their brand.
Thank you for your interest in our Honey and for taking the time to ask a question.
We do not add anything to the honey, keeping it 100% all-natural.
Under The Mango Tree’s defines its all-natural honey as single-origin honey – as it is single-sourced honey directly collected from small beekeeper groups across the country. Honeys collected by beekeepers, retain their unique flavours which are influenced by the floral nectar or locations of bee hives. For example, our Wild Forest honey is from the Narmada forest and our Litchi honey from the Litchi orchards of Bihar.
Unlike supermarket honeys, which are generally blended, ultra-filtered, and pasteurized to create a uniform product, Under The Mango Tree honeys are not processed and possess their own distinct flavour and colour and can also have variations in these characteristics from year to year.
As our honeys are not processed like commercial honeys - they are extremely different to commercial honeys, some of the differences are:
1. Flora or Geographical origin: Commercial honeys do not show case the flora or geographic region, ours do. We showcase our honeys by flora source - for example, Litchi, Eucalyptus, Sweet Clover, or geographical regional source, such as Wild Forest that comes from Central India, Himalayan Flora that comes from the Himalayas.
2. Honeys from different bees: Different species of bees make different type of honeys. Commercial honeys blend various types of honeys. Our honeys also come from different bees and we keep it separate. The Wild Forest honey comes from sustainably harvested hives of the Apis Dorsata or the rock bee. The rock bee is known for high pollen content honeys. Pollen is recognized as 100% protein and our honeys sometimes has a creamy malai like layer.
3. Colour - Commercial honeys always of a single colour and a uniform flavour. Our honeys vary in colour and taste. For example, our Saffron honey is almost white in colour while our Wild Forest is a dark honey, to our Mahua-Palash honey which is a reddish honey.
So to answer your question - Litchi or Tulsi honey is made by bees from the nectar of the Litchi /Tulsi flowers that the bees feed off to make the honey. When bees are put in a litchi orchard, they will feed only on the nectar of the litchi flower which will give the honey its unique taste.
Does the packaging comes in Plastic bottle?
Thank you for all your questions about our packaging.
We have choosen to use glass bottles as these are environmentally friendly and do not release harmful chemicals as plastic does.
Our bottles are bubble wrapped with good quality bubble wrap and will be delivered and shall reach your home safely.
Thanks - VIJAYA
Jamun honey, how to lower blood sugar levels? Bcoz honey is 1000 times high glucose product so I want to know how jamun honey works on sugar control level
Greetings from UTMT.
Jamun Honey has multiple Health benefits and one of them is controling blood sugar levels. This is in case of a normal person who has no health issues as such.
Your question is valid but it is best to consult your nutritionist/doctor as they can priscribe you the daily dossage of honey depending on your medical reports.
Hope this information is helpful.