Tiger Reserve Honey
Gracefully light, its warm earthy textures are mixed with an exquisite blend of herbal flora of the region – Mahua, Palash, Jamun, Neem and Karanj. Collected by Forest Protection Committees protecting buffer zones of one of India’s last sanctuaries for the Mighty Tiger, sale of honey provides alternative income to local tribes. A charmer, this honey is everyone’s favorite.
Benefits of Honey
- Ayurveda supports the medicinal importance of honey and its healing properties.Called as nature’s natural antibiotic, it is known to possess antibacterial & anti-inflammatory properties.
- Honey is loaded with nutrients, antioxidants, flavonoids and healing compounds which when taken regularly keep people healthy.
- Made by the alchemy of bees collecting nectar, pollen, and resins from flowers, honey can help moisturize, fight aging, and fight bacteria.
- Honey helps reduces ulcers & other bacterial gastrointestinal disorders.
***Please note: all our honey have passed the NMR test and confirm to our honey origin as Indian. Read More
Product Q & A
Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
wt is the difference normal honey and tribal gold honey
Thank you for your question.
Under The Mango Tree’s defines its all-natural honey as single-origin honey – as it is single-sourced honey directly collected from small beekeeper groups across the country. Honeys collected by beekeepers, retain their unique flavours which are influenced by the floral nectar or locations of bee hives. We name our honeys according to the different sources they are harvested from - for example, our Wild Forest honey is from the Narmada forest, our Litchi honey from the Litchi orchards of Bihar and our Tribal Gold honey from the tribal districts of Gujarat.
The uniqueness of our honeys
Unlike supermarket honeys, which are generally blended, ultra-filtered, and pasteurized to create a uniform product, Under The Mango Tree honeys are not processed and possess their own distinct flavour and colour and can also have variations in these characteristics from year to year.
As our honeys are not processed like commercial honeys - they are extremely different to commercial honeys, some of the differences are:
- Flora or Geographical origin: Commercial honeys do not show case the flora or geographic region, ours do. We showcase our honeys by flora source - for example, Litchi, Eucalyptus, Sweet Clover, or geographical regional source, such as Wild Forest that comes from Central India, Himalayan Flora that comes from the Himalayas.
- Honeys from different bees: Different species of bees make different type of honeys. Commercial honeys blend various types of honeys. Our honeys also come from different bees and we keep it separate. The Wild Forest honey comes from sustainably harvested hives of the Apis Dorsata or the rock bee. The rock bee is known for high pollen content honeys. Pollen is recognized as 100% protein and our honeys sometimes has a creamy malailike layer.
- Colour - Commercial honeys always of a single colour and a uniform flavour. Our honeys vary in colour and taste. For example, our Saffron honey is almost white in colour while our Wild Forest is a dark honey, to our Mahua-Palash honey which is a reddish honey.
Hope you found the above information useful.As you took the time to write to us, as a special thank you, please use this code on your next purchase - https://www.utmt.in/discount/WELCOME
Warm regards - VIJAYA